Driving home from camping, but still 1.5 hour drive from home, Doug proudly announced "the car just went over 100,000 miles." A few minutes later we stopped to get snacks at a gas station. It was hot and the kids were watching a movie, so Doug left the car on. I started to dose off because although camping is fun, it is not the best sleep I have ever had and I am lulled to sleep by exciting kids' shows I have seen 10,000 times! I woke up to the car dinging at me. This is the sound it makes when something is wrong. I quickly looked over at the driver's side to see the check battery light on. I turned off the car thinking we had overloaded it with movie and AC and not actually moving or that someone had left a car light on all night at the campsite draining the battery.
When Doug came out and tried to start the car it ignored him, I somehow got blamed, and we had to get the car jumped. About 2 miles after leaving the gas station the car stared to lose it. Every emergency notice you can imagine came on. I called the Accura hotline attempting to figure out what was going on. Samson started crying because Doug and I were talking about the car blowing up and it was scaring him. We pulled into a Super Walmart where the car officially died. We spent 2 hours attempting to keep kids busy waiting for taxi and tow truck. Spent a crazy 1.5 hours in a dangerous taxi with a man smoking and every so often throwing out racial slurs. This taxi ride could be 3 blog posts all by itself!
Doug and I totally self diagnosed the problem as an alternator. No car that we paid this kind of money for should be having an alternator problem at 100K miles, but no, that isn't it. The car people called and say it is the blue tooth connection. What? The blue tooth connection being messed up causes my car to send a "shut down immediately" signal telling me that my battery, ABS, and basically everything is malfunctioning? Something is wrong with the way you designed a car when blue tooth is required for the car to complete its basic function of moving me and my family from one place to another!
No comments:
Post a Comment