Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 66 – How does she do it all?

Started a novel today about a crazy working mom who realizes she might be out of control when she finds herself up at 2am attempting to make tarts she bought at the store look homemade for a school function her daughter has the next day.  She was doing this because of the ridicule she thought she would get from the non-working mom’s if she brought store bought stuff.  I laughed remembering our neighborhood holiday party two years ago where I did the same thing in attempting to pass off grocery store frozen meatballs as my own.  Funny thing is, now that I have gotten to know ladies in the neighborhood better, even many of them who stay at home would have brought store bought and the ones who would have held it against me for not doing homemade are not ladies I would enjoy hanging out with anyway!  Hope mom in the novel I’m reading finally figures this out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment