Saturday, August 30, 2014
Day 90 – My poor brain.
Some
days I would say my brain is tired, but it isn’t really from thinking too much
or anything all that intellectually stimulating (not that work was
either). Most of the time, the hardest
thing I think about is how what I am doing at that moment, what I am saying at
that moment, how I am acting at that moment will ultimately end up being a scar
on my kids. Seriously, my brain is
getting lazy. We were at the zoo going
to the Amazon exhibit when Samson asked me “What is the Amazon?” I tried to explain to him that it was a river
and an area in Africa with special wild life not found anywhere else. The friend who was with us kindly said, “I
think it is in South America.” Of course it is, but for a while I seriously was
not sure. I actually almost got out my
phone and Googled it! What is happening
to my brain? The other day I could not
remember who the Secretary of State was.
I knew it was some dude who had run for president, but that is about all
I could come up with. I have heard “use
it or lose it”, but thought that applied to muscles not brain matter. However, after a long day with the boys I
don’t want to sit down and watch the news or read the Economist. I want to snatch up the ipad and catch me
some Modern Family or stare mindlessly at the pages of my Cooking Light
magazine. And if this is after like 90
days will I even know my own name at the end of two years? Only good part is that I have at least one
member of the family fooled. Yesterday
Samson needed help with something and when I told him I did’t know how to do it
he said, “but Mommy you are the smartest person in our family, you have to know
how to do it.” I of course immediately
called Doug with this news because it is very rare that I am anything except
the meanest or most unfair person in our family according to Samson. However, after my Amazon thing I think if I
am the smartest one in the family, we may be headed for real trouble (or at
least some serious tutoring in geography and political science over the next
few years).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment