Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 310 – A new type of stress eating.

I have been known from time to time to stress eat.  So when things get a little hectic or busy or I’m unhappy or worried about something I basically end up in taking an insane amount of calories.  (trust me you would not even believe it).  Historically I have had a high enough metabolism for this behavior not to have negative side effects apart from the guilt I feel the next morning or a minor sugar hangover if the focus of my stress eating was ice cream or baked goods.  Well I’m getting older and retirement has not been as kind to my waistline as I would have hoped, so I am attempting to eat healthier.  Yesterday was a day primed for a major stress eating event and since Easter was just last weekend and there is ice cream in the freezer we have the making of a major eating event!  Fortunately  I had just roasted some asparagus and left it sitting on the counter to cool.  During a moment where nobody was yelling at me and I was yelling at no one I took a piece and ate it.  When I next came out of my daydreaming fog the entire pound of asparagus was gone.  I guess if I can’t control the behavior at least I can modify the focus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment