Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 319 – Home and garden shows.

Just spent the day at a home and garden show.  Some really beautiful houses and some really nice gardens, but I was annoyed that the home owner seems to get all the credit.  In many cases the home owners were their showing off their stuff, but could not answer the simplest questions about what was actually planted in the garden.  In reality all they really did to get a home and garden to look the way they do is throw money at someone else.  The people I want to meet are the gardener, landscaper, home decorator and probably even the house cleaners!  Those are the people who should get the credit.  If I see something I like and would like to try at my house, these are also the people who will be able to tell me how to do it (hire them?).  At the last garden we went to they had a tent displaying bee keeping and discussing about the importance of bees.  One lady asked about 2 million questions.  Finally the person at the display politely said, “Well if you really want to know more, you can sign up for this bee keeping course.”  When she responded, “Oh I will have to have my grounds people take that course,” I understood I was perhaps out of my league.  Perhaps the “how to kill crabgrass without destroying your yard” at Home Depot is more my speed?

No comments:

Post a Comment