Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 314 – Cherry blossoms revisited.

It rained today, so I had no plans to see the stupid trees, but wanted to take Lukas ice skating as it was $1 skate day at the local indoor rink.  Have been meaning to do this for several months, but Tuesday afternoon roles around and when I mention it to Lukas he throws a fit (much like Cherry Blossom fit yesterday).  By that time in the afternoon I have usually just given up, but today I was determined.  So to avoid freak out I told him I had a surprise for him.  He got ready to go, but got mad when I asked him to get in the car.  “I just want to stay home.”  So, I told him we were going to try to see the Cherry Blossoms again.  He freaked out big time.  I let him yell about that for a minute or two and then asked if he would rather go ice skating.  Do I feel a little guilty for my deception?  Nope.  Am I happy we got to go skate?  Absolutley!  Would I stoop to this tactic again?  Probably will tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment