Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 31 – Water balloons.

I have often rolled my eyes at Doug in the middle of something he is doing with the boys and had to point out that he really might not want them doing what he is teaching them.  Like stuffing as many stale hot dog buns in his mouth as he can, shooting people with the hose on “power wash” setting, or sticking green beans up his nose to pretend to be a walrus (only a few of many examples).


Well today I was up on the third floor roof deck with Lukie and a bucket of water balloons yelling to Samson below to run fast or we were going to get him when it occurred to me - maybe this is one of those eye rolling moments I give Doug a bad time about.  So I thought - what would Doug do? Then we proceeded to throw all of the water balloons and even went and made a second batch.  I may regret that decision sometime in the next several years when the police are called to the house because the boys have been reported throwing water balloons at passing cars, but today as those water balloons sailed towards the ground, I got one “Mommy is cool” moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment