Samson decided it was his mission in life this
morning to help clean up the house for guests we have coming. Seriously he was a GREAT help. Lukie did not embrace cleaning up in the same
way, but at least did not hamper the process as much as usual. After cleaning up we made a nice visit to the
library, but on the way home things started to slowly unravel. By the time we finished the 10 minute walk up
the hill to home, I found both boys in a full blown fist fight in our back
yard.
After asking them to stop three times, I lost
control and unloaded on them (yes, a little yelling). I had to physically pull them apart (which
fortunately I can still do without bodily harm to myself– a few years from now
probably not). Had them sit on the couch
to calm down (it was actually to help me calm down because of course Lukie’s
reaction to seeing me so mad was to laugh at me). Needless to say, boys not listening makes me
mad. Non-listening boys laughing at my
frustration…..a whole new level of anger.
Ended up sending both boys to their rooms (although
other, less socially exceptable options for punishment crossed my mind). They of course kept popping out of their
rooms, but I showed them and used the old skeleton key locks to lock their
doors. Then I went downstairs for a couple
of minutes. When I came back upstairs,
Samson was attempting to talk to Lukie under the door about how to escape. I decided to let them out and talk about why
mommy was mad. This is when I discovered
Lukie had put pennies in the keyhole of the door effectively making it
impossible for me to let him out. When I
announced to Lukie that he really was stuck, the meltdown started. Apparently mommy locking him in was not a big
deal, but locking himself in was an emotional trama beyond imagination.
After 10 minutes with the tweezers I was able to
free Lukie. Of course by the time this
was all over, we were laughing pretty hard.
Come to find out, both boys’ moods/behavior were in part due to my lack
of feeding them (small yet painful oversight – don’t people just eat when they
are hungry?)
No comments:
Post a Comment