Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 45 – My cheerio episode

My parents will laugh as they tell the cheerio story of me as a 3 or 4 year old.  Apparently the story goes, there was one cheerio on the floor and I was about to step on it.  My parents stopped me saying, “If you step on that you are going to your room right now for the rest of the night.”  I don’t know what crossed my little brain – if anything-but I stepped on the thing and they ---to my apparent surprise and horror—followed through with the threat and I spent the rest of the night in my room. 

Today Lukas was supposed to do his primary chore—pick up his mess.  It just so happened he had decided about 30 minutes before that cutting paper into about a zillion pieces on the floor was an entertaining thing to do.  No problem, just understand you will clean it up before you get any TV time tonight.  The outrage the ensued from Lukas was out of this world.  We started with tears and after 20 minutes progressed to “Mommy I don’t like you and I’m going to punish you.”  (Samson laughed at this one.)  After 30 minutes of yelling, crying, and comments like the above (all from Lukas) he cleaned up everything.  I have to admit I felt a slight victory, but thought to myself…Lukas and I will have a cheerio episode before the summer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment