A strange thought occurred to me as I was walking home from
the pool with they boys today. It had
been a fine day, but I found myself wondering “Do I actually feel closer to my
kids now that I am spending sooooo much more time with them?” I should right? I should feel more a part of their lives, but
the answer was a resounding “no” and on top of it, I actually think they like
me less. I mentioned this to Doug and he
said “Of course they don’t like you as much and you don’t feel as close to
them. You are now the primary disciplinarian
and rule maker/enforcer.” First, got
news for you hubby – I was that already, now I just have to do it for 24 hours
a day rather than 4-5. Regardless, it
sucks. Maybe I should just drive to the pool
from now on so I don’t have any time to think things like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment