Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Day 46 – Birthday excitement
Celebrated
“late” birthday for me today, so Doug decorated the house. When Lukie came downstairs this morning he
said “who’s birthday is it?” I explained it was mine and he wanted to know which
of the presents were for him. I figured
when I said “none” he would have the first mini meltdown of the day. Instead, he said “Oh, will there be a balloon
I can have?” Again I was waiting for the
meltdown when I told him we would not have any helium balloons. Instead, he actually let out a shout of glee “Can
I have one of the kinds that won’t float away?
That would be perfect.” Sometimes
they surprise me. Of course not two
minutes later I had to break up a full on fist fight because one boy was
blocking the other’s nerf gun target with a brachiosaurus and then Samson spent
about ½ of his day in some form of time out.
Do they ever have good days on the same day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment