Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 54 – I take my kids everywhere…not!

I had an internal debate today about taking the kids to a retirement ceremony tomorrow.  Since I'm no longer the money maker that I was, I don't want to spend money when not necessary and  I guess in my head I thought I would just put the boys in the back of the room for a couple of hours with the ipad to watch a movie.  I did not feel good about this parenting technique, but at least I could go to the ceremony and kids would be half way quiet.  Problem is this is the way it was in my head and probably not the way it would realistically play out. Boys would get tired, bored, hungry or have to go to the bathroom.  Ultimately I would end up frustrated.  I know some people say, “Well the more often you take your kids to things, the better they will get used to behaving.”  Maybe true (although my grocery store experiences have been to the contrary), but at what cost to my sanity not to mention fairness to others who are at the ceremony without children in tow.  I’m getting a sitter for the ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment