Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 273 – Kindergarten registration.

Why is the package I have to fill out for Lukas to go to Kindergarten 13 pages long?  I filled out college applications that were shorter (and less complicated) than this.  Four pages of health forms, one page of tuberculosis screening, two page actual registration info, one social security status form (I have no idea why they need this), two pages proof of student identity and age (because the birth certificate I have to supply is not proof enough), proof of residency in this county (because his brother having gone to the school for two years is not proof enough) and of course a statement of affirmation saying that my 5 year old has never been expelled from another school (if my 5 year old had been expelled from another school I would be looking for professional help other than the public school system).  Is it possible some people decide to home school just to avoid the paperwork?  No, I’m not considering home schooling.  This is lots of paperwork, but my work with the federal government for 20+ years has if nothing else made me a paperwork guru.  Maybe I could create a business that fills out the school registration packages for non-stay at home parents? 

No comments:

Post a Comment