Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 285 – Harlem Globetrotters?

Maybe it is just me, but didn’t the Globetrotters used to be amazing?  We went and saw them this weekend with the boys and don’t get me wrong, they still are funny and handle the ball like nobody else.  They have even gone to the trouble to offer some gender diversity (with one woman on the team), but when I was a kid I remember them NEVER missing a shot.  I mean they were amazing!  Forget the pro teams.  I wanted to be a Globetrotter.  Well the guys this weekend maybe made 25% of their shots.  And for some reason they couldn’t get a sound system that worked.  Come on guys, the venue you were playing at hosts Madonna and the Eagles.  I’m pretty sure they have a rocking sound system.  Did someone forget to turn it on?  Oh and did you forget to practice this month?   Maybe a little less trotting the globe and a few more hours practicing layups?  Oh and if you are going to be confident enough to actually put a special point circle on the court that counts for 4 point if you can make it – make sure you can actually make it or else you just look desperate and silly.  Boys loved it so I can’t complain.  Maybe that means they were never any better, but my standards as a kid were much lower?  Either way, been again, showed boys, don’t need tickets for next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment