My
personal trainer certification expires in Aug if I don’t do the required
continuing education classes. I have
maintained this certification for a number of years (15 actually) – yes I was a
personal trainer before being a personal trainer was cool – but I have only
used it working part time for about one year.
I didn’t really like my experience.
The gym I worked for charged people $80/hour for training (of which I
did not see much) and my “cliets” NEVER really listened to what I told
them. This blows my mind. If you pay $80/hour for someone to help you
get healthier, you should probably listen to some of the things they are
telling you or just save your money, accept that you will be unhealthy, and
embrace it by downing another box of Twinkies and pint of ice cream (at least
that is what I would do).
Anyway, the
continuing education classes are $300, but although I did not like it 15 years
ago, I might like the flexibility (no pun intended) of working in a gym or
teaching fitness classes now. But I of
course have not touched my “what you want to do when you grow up book” and the
temps are getting better outside, so any type of true exploration into my
future employment will not happen anytime soon, so…do I pay for the classes and
keep the certification for another two years in case I want to dabble in
fitness teaching or do I ditch it and save the $300 since I’m not really
bringing in that much money now?
Well, I
got the answer today. I found out that
the place that I love to get athletic clothes from gives me (as a personal
trainer) a 30% discount! So I only have
to buy $1000 worth of cool workout clothes to make up for it. See I can do 2nd grade math when
it is applicable to my daily routine. Today’s
dilemma diverted… what else you got for me?
No comments:
Post a Comment