Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 246 – Hibernation

Most days I am OK with the cold.  Today I wish humans hibernated.  It is cold outside, but sunny.  So we have mother nature’s false advertising thing going on where my eyes look outside and tell my cabin fever filled brain…”Look how nice it is outside.”  Then my silly brain tells my body to put on a coat and just go out for few minutes.  Then I remember I can’t leave Lukas in the house alone because 1) he is a hazard to himself, the house, and the cat and 2) based on recent news articles I could be arrested for child neglect if anyone saw me outside without him.  So my brain is still thinking it looks good out as I try to talk Lukie into going out (he is not buying it) when I catch a glimpse of the thermometer which reads (32 degrees).  My body wants to go outside now and so tells my brain “that isn’t too bad, now get us some fresh air” without taking into account the 20mph winds.  So I bundle up and open the door.  That is when reality hits.  I close it quickly and come inside telling myself I need some more hot cocoa and another layer of clothing.  Funny thing is 32 isn’t that cold.  I’ll run outside when it is colder than that, but for some reason today I think the best thing to do would be go back to bed.  One bad thing about staying at home – I can hang out in PJs all day (not that I do very often – in case Doug actually ever reads this), so why bother getting out of bed at all when it is cold?  OK off to make my hot cocoa.  It doesn’t count as calories if it is keeping me warm inside right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment