Friday, February 13, 2015
Day 255 – Sad at the pool.
I
always thought having a nanny would be hard.
Don’t get me wrong some really good things. Not having to get kids up at the break of
dawn to go to daycare with you prior to work.
Not having to worry about taking a day off if one of the kids was sick. But I guess I was always worried that my kids
might end up liking a nanny better than me.
They already like Doug better, I certainly did not need that
competition. Well because I am home now,
I have actually gotten to know some of and neighborhood nannies. One brings the little girl she takes care of
to a “family fin” swim class where an adult has to get in the water with the
child. Today she was in the pool as
usual and once in a while would bring the little girl to the side of the pool
to wave to someone. Finally I looked and
the girl’s mother was sitting right behind me checking her e-mail. Maybe I’m crazy, but if you are not at work
anyway, wouldn’t you want to be the one in the water with your kid? Granted the water was cold and likely pee
filled, but still. I guess I just don’t
get it. I’ll give her the benefit of the
doubt and assume she was waiting for an important conference call or
something. One thing doing the working
and non-working mom has taught me is to try not to judge others. You only see what you see and really have no
idea what is going on with them. Still I
wanted to scream..”Get the hell in the pool.
Ten years from now she will be walking around in a bikini and want
nothing to do with you!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment