Thursday, February 5, 2015
Day 247 – Wonderful and antagonizing.
Lukie
and I walked to and from his school today.
We did this most of the time when temps were a little nicer, but he
requested to do it today and it was supposed to be nice by afternoon so I
figured why not. It was a wonderfully antagonizing experience. I enjoyed hearing about everything from how
plants make food to why someone is Lukie’s favorite friend at school to why
buildings could not be as high as the sky to heaven must be above the clouds
because Lukie had never seen God.
Seriously some quality time that I would never have gotten just hanging
out at home (at home he often says he does not want to play or talk with me
because I’m a girl). But at one point I
actually had to have my hand on Lukie’s back pushing him towards the
school. He was not stalling; he was just
talking and talking and talking. Looking
at leaves, ice, trees, a random cat, houses, cars, anything actually. A walk to school that usually takes 15
minutes took almost 45. The schedule person
in me screams “Move it kiddo. We
actually do have to get you to school kind of on time.” Fortunately I chilled out about it by
afternoon and the walk home took 1.5 hours (with a stop at the library bathroom
and local park)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment