Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 266- My love/hate relationship with the Oscars.

Every year I go and see all the pictures nominated for Best Picture.  The Oscars is like my Super Bowl.  I love all the hype and the debate.  I really enjoy most of the movies.  But… why oh why do they have to be on a Sunday night and not start until 8:30?  And if they need to start that late (because it apparently takes all these beautiful people so long to get ready for a night of hanging out with other beautiful people) just stick to the awards and the speeches.  I don’t need a 20 minute salute to the Sound of Music and I certainly don’t need them to do live performances of every song nominated for Best Song.  That is why we have radio and itunes.  

Please also stop telling me that all nominees get a gift bag of over $140K worth of stuff.  These are the last people that need it.  I think instead, every nominee should get to pick a homeless person hanging out in down town LA (not that there is any right), be required to bring them to the awards, and give them the cash value of the chocolate, shoes, cosmetics and other crap in the gift bags.  Sorry, I digress.  

Start the awards earlier and/or cut the extras out.  That way the rest of us can actually have people stay to the end of our Oscars parties or imagine it have Oscars After Parties of our own.  Because yes Hollywood, most people that pay to come see your movies have to get up and go to work on Monday morning while you return from/recover from your all night mischief and patting yourselves on the back.  Did I mention how much I love the Oscars.  No really I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment