Friday, December 12, 2014
Day 193 – I am crazy.
Doug
just called and read me some of the Coast Guard CAPT assignment results. It upset me.
I have no idea why, but it clearly upset me. Funny, I did not want to sit around and wait
to be told by the Coast Guard that in their view I was not good enough to be a
CAPT, but at the same time part of me wishes I had given myself the
chance. Then again, what does it even
mean to be a CAPT? More retirement
money, but beyond that?????? Maybe it
isn’t even that, but it is just that I still don’t know what I am doing. Doug tried to help by saying “What you do now
has more impact than anything you ever did in the CG.” Nice try. What that did was belittle any impact I might
have had. He went on to say, “You are
raising our children. That is
important.” Couldn’t agree more that it
is important, but I was doing that before too, just differently. Ok guess this means I still am having some transition
issues. Who knew I had such a big
ego? I might have to venture into page 3
of “How to make a living without a job.”
Obviously I’m going to have to figure out how to change the world one
laundry load at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment