Monday, December 29, 2014

Day 210 – How to Talk to your Kids …Chapter 2

Read the second chapter of my latest communicating with your kids book.  Doug has not read yet, but when I saw a tissue with dried boogers on it sitting on my kitchen counter I thought rather than scream and nag until it got moved or move it myself when it was clearly not my buggers, I would try the techniques in chapter 2 – Getting kids to cooperate.  So here it went:

Describe – “I see a tissue with boogers on the kitchen counter.” – Lukas ignores me.
Provide information – “Boogers on the counter can spread germs.” – Lukas shakes his head “no”.
Use a word – “Tissue.” – Lukie looks right at me with a “you talking to me?” look.
Share feelings – “Bugger tissues on the counter make me upset.” – Lukie runs upstairs and I throw tissue in the garbage.

Ok, we might need some practice on this chapter.  If all else fails, chapter 3 is about punishment!  Funny thing is, it was Lukie’s tissue and boogers, but the technique was clearly making Samson so uncomfortable, he almost went and picked it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment