Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day 206 – Paybacks?

This morning (Christmas morning) Samson opened a toy crossbow from my brother and his wife.  I instantly sent him a text “Crossbow?  Really?  Are you attempting to ensure that we make a few ER visits this year?”  I got one word back “Paybacks.”  Now wait a minute.  When I sent your kids a craft with 2000 beads, toys that took three days to put together and $50 worth of batteries, and the harmonicas I didn’t have kids yet.  They just seemed like cool gifts.  I of course had no idea what I was doing.  He has a 13 year old and a 10 year old, so sending my 6 year old a crossbow was just plain old mean.  Oh wait, I did send them an indoor snowball fight last year and little guns that shoot marshmallows the year before that…but I bought those for my kids too!  Paybacks?  Oh your kids' birthdays are in March, so watch out. Can you say super sexy underwear for the 13 year old girl and cans of spray paint for the 10 year old boy?  I’m taking it to a whole new level and my brother will be getting soap on a rope for the rest of his life for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment