Monday, September 15, 2014
Day 108 – Cats, no cats revisited!
Doug
has seen the light (or at least some of it).
He now agrees that we should get a cat between 6 months and 2 years
old! He still is dead set on getting it
as soon as possible. This meant that he
and the boys again searched the online listings at the animal shelter and
decided on a cat named “Thor”. We get
the boys all excited and head to the shelter on Sunday. By the way, boys and I had all week to go to
the shelter but they selected to ride bikes, play outside, build with Legos,
talk with friends-just about anything but go look at cats. Kind of tells me where this new pet falls in
their priorities. Anyway at the shelter
we find Thor, he looks happy, healthy, and fun loving. He also has a sign on his cage that says “I
get over stimulated easily and will bite without warning.” That would only happen in our house like
every 2.3 minutes. Sorry kids, no
Thor. So Samson finds this old cat (5
years old) that he really likes. Doug ends up telling Samson no because the cat’s
name is “Betty” and Doug’s grandmother’s name was Betty. I think maybe cat search will calm down, but
I came down this morning to a list of 8 cats at another local shelter and a
number for me to call to inquire about their personalities and compatibility
with our family. Guess cat thing is not
dead yet. At least I have an excuse for
not getting anything cleaned today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment