Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 112 –What do you mean don’t volunteer?

At back to school open house last night the teacher had a sign-up at the front of the room for parent volunteers to help throughout the week in the classroom.  I went to sign up for a slot that would be 45 minutes each week while Lukas is in Pre-school.  Last year I couldn’t really do anything in the classroom and was reduced to just sending in snacks or something when they had a party.  Now I actually get to be in the classroom and help out.  Doug, to my surprise said, “Your going to do that every week?  Don’t cut too much into your own time.”  What is own time?  You mean my stupid Netflix shows or when I’m supposed to be cleaning the bathroom?  I thought this was so funny, I signed Doug up to assist with folder stuffing on weeknights!  Of course he doesn’t know this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment