Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 116 – How bad does it actually look?

I have over seeded and fertilized just prior to a nice bit of rain.  Grass is going to rock next year.  At least that is what I’m saying to myself as I notice that in my flower beds I have weeds that have actually far surpassed the growth of any flowers, the bushes in the front yard have gone from nicely landscaped to one big long green thing – kind of like the yard version of a uni-brow, and the single pumpkin seed planted in the back yard has taken over everything as this big vine (and has produced only one stinkin pumpkin – I need two of course or someone is going go meltdown).    So how good does my yard actually have to look?  I mean I don’t want to be that house that everyone thinks brings down the average home value, but I have no desire to 1) spend hours pulling weeds 2) educate myself on the endless information necessary to plant and keep green stuff alive 3) spend the money necessary to have someone else do it.  Today I think I miss my lawn service almost as much as I miss my house cleaners. No, I just miss the money that made the lawn service a no brainer!  Then the grass and yard might still have looked bad, but I could blame someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment