When I officially decided to retire and stay home for a
while the agreement in my house was that I would have two years (minimum) to
figure out what I wanted to do. At that
time, I predicted that after those two years Doug would either be so happy to
have someone running house stuff full time that I would not have to go back to
work or that he would become envious of my new lifestyle and “quality time”
with the boys and decide to be a teacher.
Out of the blue last night I get from Doug, “I looked it up and teachers
in this area average $??K/year, so if I decided to be a teacher, you would have
to go back to work and probably give some stuff up.” In my head, “Oh like give up your boat and
your motorcycle and your annual trip to Vermont with friends? And if you have
time to look up average salaries maybe you should also be looking up what
actual qualifications you have to have to pull this off.” I already gave up my house cleaners, my yard
guy, my online grocery shopping. In
reality I think Doug would be a great teacher and if it is really what he wants
to do I’ll of course support him (emotionally not necessarily financially). With that said, I did not anticipate his “job
wondering” to start so soon. It has only
been 118 days! Keep bringing home the
bacon big guy, I’m only on chapter one of How
to make a living without a Job.
No comments:
Post a Comment