Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 94 – School year kick-off

This morning boys woke up early and we found them in Samson’s room together playing.  It figures it took them an entire summer to decide they like playing together.  Hosted a breakfast for our bus stop parents after the bus picked up this morning.  Had about 15 parents show up and stay for a couple of hours.  Automatic play date for Lukas as all brought younger siblings and great way to meet more of the neighborhood parents.  We also managed to polish off 3 bottles of champagne.  I think the new kindergarten mom’s were treating their sorrow and the rest of us were celebrating more structure for the kids and “free time” for ourselves!  (free time to clean, shop and probably help out at the schools, but free time none the less)  Samson enjoyed school and not one complaint about not going to extended day with his friends.  Lukas asked several times when Samson was coming home, but did not tell me to go away or that he did not want to talk to me (which he has regularly done lately).  Overall day was a huge success.  Samson’s homework tonight was to read for 10 minutes.  Mine was to fill out a mountain of forms that I thought would take 10 hours until I discovered the forms were not all in Spanish as I had originally thought, but were in English on one side and Spanish on the other. Samson of course pointed it out to me - silly mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment