Thursday, September 25, 2014
Day 117 – What the hell was I thinking? (aka Neighborhood Association – Part II)
Two
weeks into this I have spent over 10 hours on a small volunteer effort. Problem is, I am kind of getting into it now
and want to help “lead” the community in the right direction (even if they don’t
want to be lead) or in this case keep a few very vocal people from pissing off
the entire county. (If you think a middle school is bad on this location, just keep
being unwilling to openly discuss all the options and three years from now the
county will make it the new sewer department or landfill sight). I had planned on doing some volunteer work
post retirement, but I was thinking more like a homeless shelter or nursing
home! People can also get really mean
via e-mail. I guess at my old job at
least people put on the show of being willing/able to work with you. In the neighborhood association world, they
just tell it like they see it even if it means calling you out for being what
they view as stupid, out of touch or unfair.
I read a set of e-mails directed at me, but of course sent out to the
300+ members of the association the other night and I felt a strange yet
familiar feeling in my stomach. Oh it
was the same stress that I used to get if I checked my work e-mail before bed
and realized there was something not so fun I would have to deal with in the
morning. I really don’t need this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment