Day starts off with Samson complaining about not getting to
go to Extended Day after school anymore.
I try to explain to him that now he can ride the bus home and gets to
spend more time with me and Lukie. That does
not work, so I try to explain the economics of how it makes no sense for me to
pay $400+ for him to hang out at school after school when I am at home. Still no luck. Finally I explain we can go to the pool after
school and he can have friends over. This seems to work….a little.
Once Samson on bus and only Lukie and I at home, I decided
to go get my VA drivers license. Used
technology that I usually fight but everyone tells me is great to check online
and note that my local DMV has a 36 minute wait. Not acceptable for DMV visit with Lukie in
tow, but what do I see…a DMV only 3 minutes further away with only a 7 minute
wait. We hop in the car (without my
normal mommy supplies of toys and snacks because Lukie can hold off for 7
minutes) and rush to the DMV. We return
3 hours later with an unhappy Lukie and slightly frazzled Mommy who is the
proud new owner of a VA license (let the taxing begin).
Wanted to do something fun to make up for the time Lukie had
to sit waiting at DMV, so pulled out my latest issue of Parenting Magazine that
talks about making a small sand play tub out of a plastic container. Just big enough to entertain child, not big
enough to cause major mess or become a cat box in our back yard for
neighborhood cats. Whoever printed this
idea in the magazine obviously did not beta test it on boys. The picture shows a child playing nicely in
the sand. I turned my head for a couple
of minutes and Lukie had turned the container into a swimming pool for his
dinosaurs and my driveway into “Mt. Fuji” as he called it. I guess that is why they sell sand and water
tables. The two just obviously go
together.
As we were having fun with the water, I mean sandbox, I kept
checking my watch to ensure we picked up Samson from the bus stop at 4:10. Then I noticed a bus go by. Couldn’t be Samson’s bus it is only
3:50. Then I saw the other kids from
Samson’s bus drive by. Yes, first day
riding home on the bus when I have told him he can’t go to extended day and I
was late (OK completely missed) picking him up at the bus stop. Fortunately a neighbor grabbed him and Samson
seemed to not care. Bus driving must
think I’m an idiot.
Ended the day with a nice walk around the block while Samson
and Doug were at T-ball. It was so nice
I urged Lukie to go another few blocks and was rewarded by poop in his pants,
down his legs and all over the bathroom floor when we finally got home. He didn’t tell me he had to go, but first
thing he proudly told Samson and Doug when they got home was that he pooped himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment