Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 27 – Mommy who?

I had a race early this morning and by the time I got back Doug and boys were out fishing.  They did not come home until late afternoon.  Then the boys wrestled with Doug, played with Doug, and watched soccer with Doug.  I asked if they wanted to go to the pool, ride bikes, play outside….”only if that is what Daddy is doing”.  Glad they love their daddy, but kind of strange to go from full time playmate, story reader, snack supplier, transporter, care giver to not having to do much of anything.  I ran my race, went to Starbucks with a friend, baked brownies, worked in the veggie garden, bought a new shirt, and made a run to Target.  Nice to have some “free time”, but I miss my boys.  Doug going for a bike ride tomorrow, so I should at least get them back for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment