Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 17 – Popsicles

Made the mistake of attempting to be super cool mom again by providing my children with a snack that was not only fun to eat, but fun to make and of course healthy.  I found an article in a parenting magazine about making popsicles.  So I went out and bought all the ingredients and proceeded to make blueberry pancake popsicles (Greek yogurt with blueberries and maple syrup), banana coco popsicles (bananas, raspberries and some coconut water), and PB&J (strawberry jelly, strawberry yogurt and peanut butter).   All sound good right (or at least trendy)?  Samson to his credit tried the blueberry one (Mommy, this is really strange).  I ate one PB&J one (not bad, but not good) and when I offered Lukie one he looked at me like I was from another planet. 


So, the next time I will fill my very cool William and Sonoma Popsicle molds with fruit juice and let the kids have them or I might get really crazy and just buy the sugar filled wonderfulness that we had as kids – yes freeze pops!  After all, what can be better than frozen water with lots of sugar and enough food coloring to change the color or your poop? And nothing could be better than letting them melt a little and drinking the flavored/colored stuff out of the plastic sleeve. I guess some of the great childhood summer traditions should not be messed with and I wonder if any kids who have ever had a freeze pop could be talked into eating a popsicle made of Greek yogurt?  Not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment