Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 15 – The Lukie Factor

Today I seem to have started so many things, but as I look around the house it seems I only got about ½ way done with any of them.  I currently have all the ingredients set out on the kitchen counter for popsicles I wanted to make, but no popsicles; two loads of clean laundry dumped out on the bed ready for folding, but not folded; cupcakes that Lukie and I started to make baked, but not frosted; kitchen cabinets emptied out for cleaning, but contents all over kitchen and not yet returned to proper places; a bathroom that was supposed to be cleaned, but cleaning supplies only made it to sitting outside of the bathroom door.  How is it that with retirement I “gained” 10 hours a day (if you include the commute time), but get less done?  Oh one simple reason… “The Lukie Factor”.  Factor in the following:

+ While I attempted to make popsicles, Lukie decided we should build a hotel in the playroom for his stuffed animals.
+While I attempted to fold laundry, Lukie decided we should build bunk beds for his animals that did not fit in the hotel and decorate the hotel with photographs from our fireplace mantel.
+While I was attempting to clean out the kitchen cabinets, Lukie decided we should make cupcakes for his birthday (which is by the way Feb 26th, but I never pass up the chance to make cupcakes with the boys).
+When we decided to frost them, Lukie decided it was too hot and we should go to the pool (it was hot, so we went to the pool)
+While I attempted to clean the bathroom, I basically got tired from attempting to keep up with Lukie and decided to hang out and watch something on Netflix with him instead.

OK, so the Lukie Factor might also be called the “Easily Distracted Mommy Factor”.   At least everyone had fun and nobody got hurt (my new benchmark for a good day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment