Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 7 – Bad Mommy…again.

Had kids illegally walk across 395 onramp today to watch Daddy in a bike race.  Thought the ramp was closed for the race, but not the case.  Still, had to get water bottles to Daddy, so…on we went.  Then had them spend two hours hanging out under the 395 overpass to cheer Daddy on.  Not sure if that makes us dedicated Daddy fans or just some strange people who hung out under the bridge for a couple hours.  Came ready with sidewalk chalk, toy cars, snacks and of course iphone just in case they got really bored.  Samson held up “Go Faster Daddy” sign for a total of 5 minutes and then asked when we could go home.  (He eventually got the iphone of course).  Lukie immediately went for the snacks and sidewalk chalk.  All seemed under control until I looked up and noticed although Lukie had spilled his snack he was continuing to eat it off the ground (remember we are not in the home kitchen, but under the 395 ovepass).  He was also alternating with bites of the sidewalk chalk (guess he liked the color it made his mouth turn).  Glad we got to support Daddy, wondering if kids need tetanus shots. 

Following highway adventure Doug had invited neighborhood over for crabs without checking family schedule which clearly stated Samson had birthday party. Doug is not a big supporter of kid’s birthday parties and figures it is no big deal for Samson to skip.  Samson does not share his feelings (it is a gymnastics party after all).  So, with 13+ people at our house and an unhappy Doug, I leave to take Samson to party.  Get to party and it appears most parents are dropping off.  We have not done this before, but figure I can make everyone happy (Samson gets party and Doug gets me at home) if I do drop off.  Yippie..I make everyone happy!  So I actually think I have pulled this off until I am putting Samson to bed and ask him if the party was fun.  He bursts into tears and explains how upset he was because during water breaks and cake he was looking for me and does not understand where I went.  Apparently I forgot to mention to Samson my brilliant plan of dropping off.  You mean everyone in the family can’t hear the wonderful plans inside my head?  Nice job Mommy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment