Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 16 – Another lesson from Lukie

So if it is 94 degrees outside and your 4 year old insists he wants to wear his long sleeved PJs to walk the 10 minutes down to the post office do you a) let him do it because it is not worth the melt down to get him to change b) make him change because he will get too hot and be unhappy/not nice for the entire walk.  The answer is c) take the car silly Mommy as it is 94 degrees out.  

Too bad I didn't figure this out until after I let him wear the PJs.  I thought if he got too hot (which he certainly would), it would teach him to listen to me when I suggest he should change into seasonally appropriate clothing. What it really meant was that he got hot and grouchy and I ended up carrying him all the way home.  Bright side is I considered this a mini workout and celebrated with a cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment