Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 134 – Triumphant return.

At work when I used to take a few days off, my e-mail inbox would pile up.  Yes, I know they gave me the i-phone so this would not happen, but I always viewed a day off as a day off and not a day hanging out at home and checking my e-mail every five minutes while my precious vacation time slips away.  Perhaps this line of thinking is what caused people to question my loyalty to the organization and in some instances my ability to use modern technology (which was really me faking it as an excuse for not using it).  Anyway, e-mails used to pile up, but projects moved forward and the office continued to operate pretty well.   After being gone 2.5 whole days, I discovered the same is not necessarily true of my new “home office”.  Boys were still alive (for which I am grateful) and they had been fed (a three day combo of chicken nuggets, pizza, hot dogs and cold cereal, but they had been fed).  However, basic logistical things that keep the house running were not touched.  I view some of these as laundry, emptying of cat box, mowing the grass, dishes, picking up toys, grocery shopping.  So basically, “oh, we really missed you – here is all the crap we don’t like doing so left for you.”  Lukas even told me “that is your job Mommy.”  Going to have to make some changes around here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment