Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Day 147 – I need Mommy time.
Samson
very emotionally announced that he was not getting to spend enough time with
me. I was almost in shock as he 1) likes
Doug so much better than me and 2) has lately been treating me like a household
servant rather than a member of the family.
Either way to calm his crying, I said we would have some Mommy and
Samson time over the weekend. He calmed
down and in the cutest way possible for a 6 year old asked “Do you think we
might be able to go roller skating? I
would really like to go roller skating with you.” Sure you would Samson, this does not have anything
to do with the fact that the roller rink is also an arcade, but OK. So on one of the nicest days of the fall,
perfect for being outside, Samson and I went to the outdated, dark, dreary roller
rink where he once again proved me and my cynicism wrong. We skated (pushed ourselves very slowly around
the rink) for 2 hours, only played one video game (I am somewhat addicted to
Ms. PacMan and when we got stuck in traffic on the way home, played an animal
alphabet game laughing the whole way.
Guess I needed a little Samson time to remind me just how cool he still
is (and how much he still loves his Mommy).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment