Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 136 – The truth doesn't pay.

I always follow the rules, but today I decided it would be OK to do one little u-turn at this intersection that clearly was marked with a no u-turn sign.  I got stopped about 1 block later (with Lukie in the back seat).  The police officer told me what I did wrong and asked me if I saw the sign. I thought about Lukie in the back and made a conscious decision to tell the truth. “Yes, I did see the sign.”  Somewhere in my mind I thought that telling the truth would be looked upon as a good thing and perhaps be shown some type of mercy.  Not the case.  Then I thought he saw the military sticker on the car and may show some mercy.  If he did see it, it didn’t matter.  No mercy was shown. He returned to the car and handed me a ticket for $30 with a summons to appear in court.  Are you kidding me?  You are really going to drag my butt into court for something you only want $30 for and something that I already admitted to.  What would have happened if I had lied and said “no, I had no idea officer?” First, Lukie in the backseat probably would have told on me and second, I would have felt bad.  Although maybe not as bad as I do now because did I mention that for the $30 ticket the county charges me a $67 processing fee?  

No comments:

Post a Comment