Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 149 – Yes, I yell.

Doug was running late today and had not left for work yet, but was out in the back yard getting his bike ready to go.  Lukie and I were doing our morning battle which included him not listening and me attempting to get us all to the bus stop before the bus (which I have to explain to them every day is optimal).  I was finding him particularly frustrating because as I went to put on his socks (because he would not listen to me and do them himself), something in his little brain decided it would be a good idea to kick me.  It was not.  I unleashed my meanest (and very loud) crazy mommy voice.  Within seconds the back door flew open.  Doug ran in like he had seen a ghost.  He immediately saw me on the floor with Lukie and asked if I was OK, offered to take Samson to the bus stop, told Lukie to listen to mommy.  I think my crazy mommy voice scared him way worse than it scared Lukie or Samson!  Perhaps I should just yell at Doug more?

No comments:

Post a Comment