Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 139 – Gone and forgotten?

I went to a retirement ceremony today back at my old office building.  I guess deep down inside I knew it, but it was strange to see “the machine” still working without me there.  Even stranger, I didn’t really have a desire to go walk around and talk to people (and of course was not allowed to as I now require an escort).  The organization doesn’t miss me and I was easily replaced (with someone inferior no doubt, but replaced none the less).  Eventually this happens to everyone.  I’m just glad I did largely what I wanted to during my 20+ years and decided to leave when the time was right for me.  So although I miss some of the people, camaraderie, basic adult daily interaction, working out during the day and not having to think about what I wear each day, I’m glad to be where I am now.    Funny how perspective can drastically change day to day (see day 137 for an “I want to go back to work” day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment