Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Day 146 – Harvest Fest.
600+
kids, lots of candy, scary haunted house…what could go wrong. Nothing really went wrong, but fortunately
this year we recognized the signs of melt down in our own kids early and sent
them home. I however stayed to work my
volunteer shift at the cake walk. I have
a childhood obsession with the cake walk that has lived well into my adult
hood. Now that I have children at least
I have an excuse to be at the Harvest Fest (where there is inevitably a cake
walk). I will never gamble at a casino
because it seems like a waste of money to me, but I will spend an unreasonable
amount of money to win a cake when I likely could have made a better one myself
for less money. So in order to not have
our bank account significantly affected by my cake walk obsession, I volunteered
to help run it. Made it out with only
spending $2 and no cake. After the late
cake walk shift some of the PTA moms (who shall remain nameless for their own
protection) decided we should go out for a celebratory drink (because who knew
a Harvest Fest made such an unreasonably large amount of money for the PTA). I figured no problem. Then found myself out at a very fun karaoke
place until 2am. Civic Association you
can forget my participation. These PTA
people know how to work hard/play hard! Who
knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment