Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Day 331-335 - Computer Down Hard
Lukas was having his evening screen time the other night when he suddenly closed the lid to the laptop shutting down the movie he was watching. I found this a little strange as 1) nobody had to tell him once, much less 10-20 times that his allotted time was up and 2) his time was not actually up and Lukie ending a screen session early is close to witnessing a miracle. So I just asked Lukie why he turned it off and he shyly said it had just turned off on its own. This had me suspicious, so I a few more probing questions, but got the same type of answer about the show not being over, but it just turning off on its own. Now I'm not saying I don't trust my kid, but I know Lukie well enough to know that if the computer had mysteriously shut down during the middle of his movie he would NEVER have calmly closed the laptop and moved on. He would have screamed at the computer and anyone within a 10 feet radius that we were destroying his life because the stupid movie was off. So in my doubt I opened the laptop to find milk spilled across the keyboard and a very guilty looking Lukie. In fairness, the computer had been overheating anyway and the milk was probably just a good excuse for the thing to officially shut down (or fry the motherboard whatever that means). So, sadly it has taken me 5 days to figure out how to access this page without the link that was on the laptop. Parenting lesson - no before bed bowls of cereal should be eaten at the laptop. In fact, maybe the laptop should be kept in a room other than the kitchen? Just a thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment