Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 337 - Happy Mother's Day?

Hubby is flying to London in the early morning hours of Mother's Day, so for Mother's Day what I am really  getting is a week alone with by boys.  Part of this is good (cereal or pancakes for dinner and baths every 4 days rather than every two), but some is bad (nobody to do the dishes or distract them or talk to over the age of 7).  So when Doug asked "what should we do for Mother's Day," I quickly responded with "Take me to London of course."  I quickly came to my senses and realized this is not possible, I thought about it and decided I would go treat myself to a mani/pedi on Saturday before.  When I mentioned this Doug said, "Oh, well I need to get my bike ride in that morning."  He than asked if I had mailed a card to his mom.  No, she is not my mom and you saw her/gave her a gift in person earlier this week.  "No, I still need to get her a card."  So while I am getting your mom a card I might as well get one for myself (and let the boys sign it) and I'll get myself some flowers while I am at it!  At least they are not making me take them to a Civil War reenactment or the Air and Space Museum (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment