Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 338 - So much for the environment

Thought we were being all clean and green last year when we gave up our yard service and bought out own electric battery powered lawn mower.  Actually giving up the yard service was more a decision based on my employment status vs enviro. friendly, but we certainly bought an electric battery powered over a gasoline mower for environmental reasons (or so we thought).  Very quiet, works well, easy to move around, not bad for the environment.  That was last year.  OK, it is still quiet, easy to move around and not giving off the biproducts of burning gasoline into the air, but currding the yard yesterday it died halfway claiming a low battery charge.  This thing has been sitting around charging in my garage for an entire week and it can't finish mowming my postage stamp yard.  No, I think the thing is malfunctioning and that we were suckers to pay to much extra money for it!  And I even like to mow the grass!  So I was able to mow my grass for a year with this thing without it acting up.  I wonder which is worse from a "green" perspective:  1) using a gasoline mower or 2) every two years having to throw my electric mower away because the crappy thing is too delicate and breaks when the grass is damp or too hard to mow?

No comments:

Post a Comment