Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Day 357 - Mommy voice
I might need to tone down the voice I use with the kids. Two days ago they were acting up at a BBQ place and when I "sternly" corrected them the man behind the counter actually jumped. Then today at the bus stop I told Lukie to stop using the umbrella as a weapon using my "mommy voice" and one of the dads moved away and got a startled look on his face. Either my stern voice is much scarier than I ever thought or these guys had some serious PTSD from troubled childhoods. So why doesn't it work as well on my children? Maybe if I talk really nice to them in a soft voice it will freak them out, they will wonder what I am up to and actually do what I ask. Wishful thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment