Monday, May 11, 2015
Day 341 - Bird Bath Project
For several weeks Samson and I have been talking about building our own birdbath. This came about largely because I am overly thrifty (cheap) and refuse to pay $100+ for some slab of concrete that the birds are going to splash and poop in. So I researched and with help from the neighbor were ready to embark on this project with my excited 7 year old who loves birds and projects that are messy. Five minutes before our start, the Amazon guy pulls into the driveway to deliver a lego Jedi Interceptor. Needless to say, all interest in birdbath project was gone. I did it without kids. Then this morning I was in Samson's class and got a look at his journal entry. It talked about his lego ship and how excited he was and finally said how proud he was of himself because he built it all alone because his mommy was out building a bird bath. I can take this two ways. I can assume the teacher now thinks I am a freak for buiding my own bird bath and feel guilty that my child had to put this lego thing together by himself or I can pat myself on the back for allowing Samson the freedom to really test his full lego building potential without me looking over his shoulder. I'm going to go with pat on my back. Now, the real question is will we end up with two bird baths because when I unveil my creation in two days the boys will clearly think it is so cool they want to make one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment