Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 159 – Always a battle.

Why do boys find some way to turn everything into a battle with each other?  They were both given these cute little stuffed birds that make actual bird noises when squeezed (ironically for good behavior in school).  Within minutes, the cute little barn swallow and puffy eastern bluebird were “flying” around the room attacking each other.  Can’t the nice birds just make nests and look for worms?  Battling birds quickly turned into bomb birds being thrown across the room at each other.  I would imagine this is going to continue to digress. Oh, I stand corrected, not digress, but it just escalated.  Now they both also have the stuffed crows which they added to their growing bird armies.  Somehow I doubt that the Nature Conservancy who sells the birds ever intended for them to go to war.  I used to think that the tendency for boys to be so physical was learned and placed on them as almost a societal expectation.  Truth is, it is something in their wiring.  Nature vs. nurture?  Nature won this battle a long time ago.  Oh, now the birds are being stolen from each other and stuffed down the boys' pants for safe keeping while Lukie screams "I'm going to check your bottom"  and Samson replies "where is my barn swallow?"  I suppose I have to break this one up.  But part of me thinks, as long as the birds don’t start urinating in my living room (I have a cat for that), they can battle all night long.  Maybe the cat will eat the stuffed birds tonight.  No more battles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment