Saturday, November 22, 2014
Day 173 – Other mommies.
Found
out last night that other mommies have the “what the heck am I doing” days
too. Even if they have not worked
outside of the home in several years, once in a while they still question their
decision to stay home. Guess this shouldn't surprise me, but most of the time people don’t publicly share their
bad days or thoughts. It isn't socially
acceptable to let everyone know that your accomplishment for the day was
accidentally teaching your 4 year old swear words or locking them in their
rooms. I guess I just never thought to
ask anyone if they had those kinds of days too. Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't cut out for the stay at home mom
thing (as so many people insinuated when I was about to retire). Also when I
have the luxury of getting to stay home with my kids and I have complete
breakdown days, I sort of saw it as a sign of weakness or at the very least
lack of appreciation for my wonderful situation! What breakdown days really are is “human”
weather they happen as a result of a full time job or full time kid care! Also just had the epiphany that most of our “what
the heck am I doing” days, directly coincide with the “kids are being little
turd (nice word as I’m attempting to not curse so much) days”. Guess I should have figured that one out too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment