Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 172 – Mommy needs food!

After picking Lukas up from school today we headed right to soccer practice, filled up the car with gas and then went to the library.  Around 3 I realized we needed to go because Samson’s bus would be arriving soon (and following missing the bus drama of last June, I try really hard not to be the one the bus driver has to come looking for).  Lukas did typical 4 year old thing and rather than exhibit my normal amount of saintly patience, I flipped out.  This was especially disturbing as we were in public (I usually save my parental freakishness for home) and the librarians looked at me like they might call child protective services.  As I hurried my boy suddenly turned snail out of the library I realized – I haven’t eaten since breakfast.  How could that have happened?  Then as if on cue, my stomach growled.  “Lukie I have to get home to eat something.  I promise Mommy will be nicer after I have gotten some food.”  Nothing like a 4 year old looking at you like you are crazy, but he listened (guess he understood the mommy is being mean part).  In my office environment I had a very regimented eating schedule.  Snack in the morning around 10, lunch around 1 and snack before leaving to pick up boys at 4.  Even if the day was all full of meetings I had snacks with me (mostly to help me stay awake when not if the meetings got boring).  Now half the time I don’t know what time it is.  I would start carrying around an emergency cupcake or bagel, but then I’m pretty sure I would define the slightest drop in blood sugar as an emergency and eat a cupcake or two a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment