Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 163 – What do you do all day?

Driving in the car Doug shared his concerns with me that Lukas might not be progressing to be ready for Kindergarten.    He continued with, “I’m not questioning or critiquing you, but I just don’t know what you guys do all day.”  My first instinctive response is not appropriate to write here.  My second was also not appropriate and involved some yelling and name calling.  Finally I decided that I would just keep a running log to show just how busy we are all day.  Then I decided to up the stakes and do a video blog of the day.  Then I realized all those things would actually just be more work for me.  So I quickly forgot about Doug’s comments.  Then shortly after (funny how quickly the brain can change gears), I started a downhill spiral into “maybe I’m not actually doing enough for Lukas to get him ready for kindergarten?”  Then I came to my senses and decided if Doug is really concerned, he can either research curriculum for pre-K, develop daily activities for Lukas to keep him engaged and “progressing” or stay home himself.   Doubt I would have any takers on the above.   

No comments:

Post a Comment