When I was a kid you could not have gotten my bucket of
Halloween candy away from me for anything.
Even when it got down to the yucky hard candy that I really didn’t want,
I guarded that thing with my life and even kept a running inventory of its
contents so I could tell when Mom or Dad decided to “tax” my earnings. Well after 6 days of binge eating from Samson
and Lukas’s candy, we decided to offer them cash for the remaining sugary mess
(endless mini snickers and three musketeers this year and we had already eaten
all the peanut butter cups and baby ruth bars). Lukas said he didn’t even want
money and did not care about the candy.
Samson sold out for a whole $5.
Most surprising, neither of them flinched when we chucked it all in the
trash right in front of them.
Conclusion: something is wrong with my children, but glad it worked out
because I don’t seem to be able to say no to a “fun sized” candy bar of any
type!
No comments:
Post a Comment